Garden pests seem like a small problem, but these issues can actually escalate very quickly. Many people dismiss garden pests, as a small situation but this blog will help educate you on some of the damage that garden pests can do to your property.
When you think of raccoons you just think about them passing through, grabbing a quite bite from your garbage and simply leaving to go about their business, but what actually happens can be more of a problem than you think.
Raccoons are capable of so much. With their nimble hands and their level of intelligence, raccoons have the ability to get into people’s properties and raise their young or make a mess!
Raccoons are also susceptible to carrying parasites and if raccoons travel around your property a lot, these parasites could make it into your home. Some raccoons carry roundworms which is passed through feces. If a raccoon leaves droppings on people’s property, either a dog or a small child playing in the garden can catch something or bring it in the home
The damage roundworms cause should be taken very seriously
- Roundworms can cause cysts and can cause serious damage to infants including blindness, seizures and depression.
- Pets who have been infected by roundworm can suffer from vomiting, weight loss, and more
Skunks are known for their defensive ability to spray unpleasant smells, but skunks are capable of so much more! Skunks often find shelter under sheds or decks which is a nuisance for property owners who simply want to go about their day without fear of wildlife nearby. They are capable of catching certain disease or virus’s and are prone to digging up lawns both which are problems and concerns for people.
Here are a list of skunk concerns
- Skunks are susceptible to catching diseases and viruses. If contracted, the likelihood of it spreading to somebody on your property is increased.
- Skunks use their spray as a defense when feeling threatened. You never know if what you’re doing could aggravate the skunk, causing them to spray, leaving you with a foul odor that can last a while
- Some pets either get upset or excited when they see wildlife on the property. Either way, their reaction could startle wildlife which could cause them to respond unfavorably.
- Skunks like to dig in people’s yards. The reason for this is to feed on the larvae. Although they may find their meal for the day, all you’ll find are messes in your yard and garden.
Squirrels are interesting, adorable, quick footed mammals, but their appearance does not take away from the damage they can cause you and how that can cost you.
Some common squirrel problems include the following
- Squirrels chewing through roof vents
- Creating entry points through the outside of the property
- Biting through wires in the attic
- Leaving droppings on your property
- Making messes with the insulation
Squirrel, like other small mammals are also capable of contracting different diseases and viruses like rabies. Although not all squirrels have the virus, hosting skunks on your property only increases the likelihood of it spreading to somebody within the vicinity.
Birds although are an amazement when watching them from a far, can actually be a nuisance when the birds come down to being on your property. Some of the common bird problems that occur include
- Noisy bird sounds bothering people throughout the day
- Creating nests for their young and making messes in the process
- Leaving droppings all over the area (which in some cases can be toxic)
- Perching on your property could bother some
There are 3 specific birds that are considered as nuisance wildlife animals, and are the only ones that can be interfered with according to Ontario law. These birds include the Pigeon, the Sparrow and the Starlings.
There are several methods in conducting nuisance wildlife removal in your garden or on your property, and although they may work at first, the results are usually temporary and you may be faced with the same, or similar problem again (costing you more in the long run). With SOS Wildlife Control you can be sure that our methods are humane, professional and effective. Our technicians are trained, licensed and have years of experience when conducting wildlife removal processes. Whether you’re faced with a raccoon, squirrel or bird in your garden or anywhere else on your property, you can be sure that SOS Wildlife Control will give you the results you want.
If you notice signs of wildlife in your house give us a call. At SOS Wildlife, we provide superior wildlife removal for residential, commercial, and industrial clients, guaranteeing effective results every single time. Let us help you solve your wildlife problems. Taking action before it’s too late will help eliminate animal damage repair costs. We are can easily be reached at 1-800-981-0330. Don’t wait and call us to schedule an appointment for a thorough inspection to help evacuate all your unwanted wildlife guests in the most humane way possible.
Call SOS Wildlife Control at 1.800.981.0330 for Markham Raccoon Removal!