Are You Having Cockroach Problems at Your Home?
CALL 1.800.981.0330 TODAY For Our Cockroach Removal Service
Once the insects have invaded and entrenched themselves in a house,banishing them can be a challenge. It can be difficult to take control of a cockroach seized home without special equipment, techniques, and products.
As an individual, you may be able to use some caulks and keep the cockroaches away for a while. But the ones already in the house may have left their traces which could be sufficient to transmit health problems. Here, professional pest control management can help by removing the cockroaches and cleaning the debris, leaving behind no traces of these infectious insects.
The best way to make sure your house is safe and free from cockroaches is to call SOS Pest Control and get a cockroach inspection process done. We understand the reproductive department of cockroaches found in Toronto. SOS Wildlife Control:
- Uses eco-friendly,safe chemicals to kill cockroaches
- Minimizes The chances of further infestations
- Ensures a secure and healthy environment
- has special technicians who are best trained to eliminate these species and their offspring
- Uses special roach extermination methods
- Advices preventive measures to restrain future cockroach infestations
- Provides highly competitive pricing structure, making it easy for you to keep the roaches out of you house
SOS Wildlife Control provides wildlife removal and pest control services to residential, industrial, and commercial clients in Toronto and the surrounding GTA. Our certified wildlife removal and pest control technicians make sure all wildlife and pest control problems are taken care of humanly, effectively, and efficiently. We have years of experience in wildlife control, wildlife removal, pest control, and nuisance wildlife prevention. SOS Wildlife Control can help solve your wildlife and pest control problems in Toronto and the surrounding GTA.
Hence, for a tranquil environment in and around the house, call now – SOS Wildlife Control.
Cockroaches are closely associated with humans and their surroundings. They are the oldest and the most resilient insects on earth.Today’s pervasive and robust cockroaches look very similar to the early ones. The indoor existence of these insects usually forges an unhygienic situation and can constitute numerous health concerns to humans.They contaminate food and spread germs.
There are more than 4500 types of cockroaches, but the ones that humans need to worry about are of five types: American Cockroaches, Brown-banded Cockroaches, German Cockroaches, Oriental Cockroaches, and Wood Cockroaches. Most of these species in Canada have wings but are not competent for continuous strong flights.Their oval-shaped, flat body helps them to hide in cramped areas.
American cockroaches are the largest ones found in the house. Their wings develop ones they turn into adults. Females can incubate about 150 offspring per year.These cockroaches eat everything, including plants and insects. Their life span is about 2 years.
Brown-banded Cockroaches have two pale bands across their dark-brownish bodies. This is where they get their name from.They avoid light and water if they can. Females have smaller wings than the males.Their life span is about 5-6 months.
German cockroaches are the most common ones and are found all around the world. Their life span is about 100-200 days. Kitchen and bathrooms are their favorite places which provide easy access to food and water. A female German Cockroach can hatch between 20-40 eggs, and unlike other roaches she carries them with her until they are ready to hatch.This makes them immensely relentless and intractable to get rid of.
Oriental cockroaches are large and dark compared to other cockroaches. They are considered as the dirtiest of all cockroaches and are mostly found in pipes and drains.
Wood Cockroaches are similar to the American Cockroaches, slightly smaller in size. Their attraction toward light makes them different from other species.They are considered as ‘outside roaches’. They favorite hideouts are wood piles, decaying logs, and loose bark.Life span of a wood cockroach is of about 2 years.
Facts About Cockroach
- Cockroaches can spread about 33 different kinds of bacteria
- Cockroaches can live without water for about 2 weeks
- Cockroaches can live without food for about a month
- A cockroach can live for about a week without its head
- A cockroach can run up to 3 miles in an hour
- Some female cockroaches mate only once and stay pregnant for life
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for about 40 minutes
- Cockroaches multiply very fast
- Cockroaches can survive in almost every setting
- A one-day old baby cockroach is about the size of a mark of dust.
- The world’s largest cockroach is about six-inches long
- Average length of a cockroach can vary between half to 2 inches.
- Cockroaches love beer. This is because of its sugar content
- Cockroaches are cold-blooded animals.
- Cockroaches cannot survive too cold surroundings. Hence, they look for warm hideouts.
Cockroaches precisely seek out cozy homes which have easy access to food, water, and warmth. However, they may cause serious health issues to humans.Before coming in contact with the kitchen surface areas or food utensils, cockroaches crawl through garbage and dirt, therefore spread the bacteria.
According to pest control experts, health complications produced by the cockroaches commence with the allergens they fabricate. To be more specific – the saliva, droppings, and shed body parts of a cockroach contain proteins which may develop allergic reactions in many people.
Cockroaches can also trigger asthmatic conditions; cause food poisoning; and pneumonia. According to The World Health Organization (WHO), cockroaches can spread bacteria which cause diseases like:
- Typhoid fever
- Skin infections
These infectious insects prefer locations which are dark, moist, warm, and secure for them. Most common ones are:
- Under kitchen sinks
- Furnace rooms
- Crawl spaces
- Drains and pipes
However, major issues are related to the ones in the kitchen, as they are immediate source of unhealthy environment.It is challenging to keep the roaches out. But you can start with reducing their access to food and water. Maintain good hygienic conditions and apply caulks or boric acid powder near pipes, sinks, cabinets, and other small cracks. If there are signs of the roaches in the house, seek help from the experts.