Mice. We have all heard of these tiny, fast moving rodents. We see them in movies and on television followed by loud high-pitched shrieks from scaring people who come in contact with them. Some see them as cute critters while others see them as nightmares, but one thing’s for sure, is that these little guys can be trouble when they get stuck somewhere in your home. We’ll explain to you how to recognize, prevent and remove these little mice from your property.
How to detect you have mice living in your property
You kind of have an idea, but you’re not yet 100% sure whether you’re hosting a mice gathering in your home, behind your walls or elsewhere? These mice can’t hide for too long. Have a wander around the property and see if you catch some of the following signs:
- Droppings on the floor
- Holes in the wall
- Cracks in the floor and ceilings
Something else you might notice are the sound of gnawing or clawing from behind the wall especially at night when everything is very quiet. Although facing this issue might be alarming, keep your head up! It’s better to find the problem sooner than later, to when it’s escalated to bigger issues like extensive damage or an infestation! If you’re still not sure whether you have mice either behind your walls or anywhere else on your property, give a professional pest control technician a call to conduct an inspection and verify this for you.
How to get rid of mice on your own
So now you’re sure that you are faced with a mice problem. There are several routes you can take from here. One, is to call a professional pest control company to solve the problem for you, giving you lasting results with safety measure implemented. Taking that route is recommended, especially if you have not dealt with wildlife and pest control issues before.
If you are not ready to call for a professional, there are still other options available. While there are different sorts of methods available online or in stores, S.O.S Wildlife Control and Pest Control still recommends calling a pro due to the different risk factors involved. Please take all safety precautions if you decide to conduct your own mice control.
If you are faced with mice problems on your property, these are some popular methods of mice control outside of calling a professional.
- Mousetraps are one of the most common solutions to mice control and is easily available for purchase from any general or hardware store. While they are common and available, there are still some risks involved with setting these types of traps. If you do decide to use this as your mice control method, please exercise caution and read and follow safety guidelines as instructed.
- As a preventative measure, seal any open holes in your house to keep any mice or other sort of wildlife animals from getting into your property
- Removing cartons, cereal boxes and boxes in general will help eliminate their resting place.
- Keep a neat area, free of trash or crumbs that might attract mice to these areas for food sources
- Keep all food in secure containers, away from any accessible areas for mice. This includes securing pet foods away as well.
- Regularly checking property structure for cracks and holes.
While all of these solutions may help reduce mice appearances on your property, they may not always be the best long-term solution. For effective mice control results, call a professional wildlife and pest control company to help you.
Using professional services
Now you’re probably wondering, is calling professional actually worth it when I could just do it myself?
Having a professional help, you solve your mice problem is a long term, safer and more efficient solution over conducting it yourself. Although mice traps may work, they can be a safety risk to toddlers, pets and adults if not careful.
Here are couple more reason why mice control by professionals is the more effective and safer choice:
- Wildlife and pest control technicians are familiar with mice, and mice behavior and therefore know the most efficient methods on how to get rid of them and keeping them away
- Technicians will know where to look, and conduct a thorough inspection to learn the severity of the situation. They will help you determine whether that single mouse you found is the only one, or if there’s infestation in progress!
- SOS Wildlife Control and Pest Control technicians have years of experience in mice control and therefore know the best practices
- There are some risks to conducting mice removal, especially when getting too close to mice droppings as their feces can be hazardous. Our technicians ensure the right precautions are taken
An important thing to keep in mind is what happens during these mice removal processes. After technicians have set up the bait stations and the mice have taken the bait, what happens is the mice dehydrate and are in search for water. Unless you have an available water source where mice can easily access from in your home , they poison from the bait will fulfill it’s purpose by the time the mouse it outside leaving you with no dead mice problem inside the house.
All in all, if you don’t want mice in your living space or anywhere on your property call a professional wildlife and pest control service. With a pro, you’ll be able to be longer lasting and effective results! Deal with your mice problem today and call S.O.S Wildlife Control and Pest Control!
If you notice signs of wildlife in your house give us a call. At SOS wildlife control, we provide superior pest control services for residential, commercial and industrial clients, guaranteeing effective results every single time. Let us help you solve your wildlife problems. Taking action before it’s too late will help eliminate animal damage repair costs. We can easily be reached at 1-800-981-0330. Don’t wait and call us to schedule an appointment for a thorough inspection to help evacuate all your unwanted wildlife guests in the most humane way possible.