Last Updated: May 2016
How much does raccoon removal cost?
Raccoon removal costs vary depending on your situation. Calling an expert to remove a raccoon that is lounging around your backyard is a simpler job and will vary in price to a mother raccoon with babies in your attic with property damage and multiple entry-ways.
For immediate raccoon removal solutions it will vary in cost from $275 to $500. This will include a full inspection of the roof, attic and other areas of premises to determine all entry routes. We will seal up holes the raccoon has made and install a one-way door. The one-way door will permit the animal to leave and not re-enter.
We offer additional services at a cost, so If you have a bigger problem you will need to have the problem inspected by a wildlife technician who can then provide you with a quote. Bigger problems include multiple animals living in your home or wildlife proofing your property to prevent future nuisance wildlife from entering.
As the prices will vary depending on what company you select, here are a few other principals you should consider when selecting a wildlife control company
- Wildlife control is a highly specialized work with unique liabilities dealing with wild animals
- There is no one price fits all as every job is different
- If you don’t take care of the problem immediately it will end up costing a lot more in the future
- You pay for what you get! Hiring the cheapest may not be the best, and may end up costing you more in the future
- Ensure your wildlife control company knows the law and practice is within the confines of the rules and regulations set in place
- Your wildlife control company to conduct humane practices, with the safety and well being of the animal in mind when conducting services
- The wildlife control company should be knowledgeable in wildlife behaviour and characteristics.
SOS Wildlife Control technicians have completed certifications, know the law and ensure our methods are humane. All our technicians have years of experience and have the wildlife safety as high priority.
Please note that the city does not provide wildlife removal services for from private properties. They do provide services for pets but they will not remove wildlife from your home – which in that case you will need to call a professional like SOS Wildlife Control. Read more on our post, Animal Control vs Wildlife Control in Toronto
The best thing your can do is call a company, explain your wildlife problem, and ask for a price estimate over the phone. Every company offers different prices and in many cases, it’s hard to give an exact final price without seeing the job as situations, home sizes, number of wildlife/entry points vary.
Feel free to ask our technicians your questions, do your research and shop around. Ensure the company you decide to go with meets the criteria for being professional, humane and effective.
Read our Raccoon Removal page to learn further about our procedures or call and talk to one of our technicians.